- Mobile County: I-65 North, Highway 43 North, Highway 45
- Dauphin Island take Highway 193
- Bayou La Batre and Grand Bay take Highway 188 or C.R. 19
to I-10 East to I-65 North
- Mobile Bay at Alabama Port take Highway 193 North
- Saraland and Satsuma area can use Highway 43 North or I-65.
Study the map and the evacuation routes. Plan out which roads you are going to take before the hurricane season. Make reservations for motels early or have other plans for lodging. Plan on leaving early
due to congested traffic.
When Evacuating Leave 24 to 36 hours before gale force winds are expected to hit.
- Bring things indoors
- Look for potential hazards
- Leave natural gas on
- Turn off propane gas service
- If high winds are expected, cover the outside of all windows of your home.
Important Papers to Take With You:
- Drivers license or personal identification
- Social Security card
- Proof of residence (deed or lease)
- Insurance policies
- Birth and marriage certificates
- Stocks, bonds, and other negotiable certificates
- Wills, deeds, and copies of recent tax returns
Special Needs Evacuation
Individual in need of transportation to shelters should listen to local radio and TV for pick-up locations and times of pick-up. Transportation will be provided to a designated shelter. After the storm or disaster has past return transportation will be provided. Persons with disabilities and caregivers should allow extra time in planning and evacuating.